The Union Community School District received its Future Ready District Data from Central Rivers AEA yesterday. The data and subsequent report provide a look at how our district is performing in key areas of future readiness. Here are some insights:
- 92% of kindergarteners participated in preschool the prior year, which is 15% higher than the state average. Yes, future readiness, per the state, begins in preschool :).
- All grade bands exceeded the state average on every academic performance indicator– Literacy, Math, and Science.
- Our chronic absenteeism for both K-5 and 6-12 is lower than the state average.
- Our graduation rate is higher than the state average.
- Every single student who took the ACT from the Class of 2022 earned a 22 or higher.
- 98% of the Class of 2022 were CTE concentrators, which is more than 30% higher than the state average.
As the superintendent, I am extremely proud of the work the staff and students do every day in the Union Community School District. This data is just another example of our productive, purposeful, and safe learning environments. Go Knights!