UCSD Meals for Students

Good afternoon Knights,

The Union Community School District has received our waiver to provide free meals to children 18 years of age and younger. All children may participate in this program. Please see the attached flyer and menu. At this time we are not delivering meals; guidance on this is being developed at the state level. If we can expand our program and be an outreach, we will communicate that to you.

If you have questions about the meal program or need specific dietary needs met, please contact Tina Hanna at t_hanna@union.k12.ia.us Please feel free to share the information contained in this letter, the flyer and menu via social media, or other means of reaching out to those who may not take part in social media. We want to reach as many families as possible.

I appreciate your support of the school district during this shutdown. I am proud of the efforts of the teaching staff to transform face-to-face classroom instruction into home educational opportunities for our students. I encourage you to reach out to your student’s classroom teacher and join them in making the most of this unique time.

If you have questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me directly at t_fleshner@union.k12.ia.us

Sincerely,
Travis Fleshner