To all parents, students, and community members in the Union Community School District,
The student council would like to go over the Homecoming changes that were made this year and explain why the changes were made. This was a student council vote and compromise with the administration.
- We will not be having a bonfire this year. This change was made due to the low number of people in attendance.
- The Powderpuff Game will be moved to Monday night to kick off Homecoming week, and to make sure that all juniors and seniors who want to play get the chance. The game will start after the JV football game. If weather happens to cancel the game we will have a dodge ball tournament in the lower gym.
- We will not be doing attendants this year. We know that this was a way for underclassmen to be a part of Homecoming, so we will be having a talent show during the pep rally open for all students.
- The crowning of the king and queen will be during the pep rally on Friday. This will be open to the community. Before the game on Friday, we will still have the parents escort the candidates onto the track to be recognized. The past kings and queens are still invited to the game to be recognized as well.
- A new addition this year will be the induction of new Union Athletics Hall of Fame members. This will happen during half time, with the marching band performing afterwards. We wouldn’t have time to recognize our past hall of fame members, recognize the attendants, crown the queen, and give the band time to perform.
These changes were made to benefit the whole school and Union Alumni.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the student council or administration. We are very excited about these changes and ready to be a part of a great homecoming! Go Knights!!!